Monday, February 6, 2012

Further proof of ghosts or goblins

I’ve spoken of our prank-pulling ghost before. He or she turns on the touch lamp in the dining room and the DirecTV box in our bedroom from time to time. Our upstairs neighbor wakes up every so often to find her (2nd floor) bathroom window wide open. Well here’s further proof for you skeptics.

Every night, while we’re sleeping, our bed moves toward the windows. I sleep on the side closest to the windows and each morning, I wake up just a little bit closer to them. At first, it’s barely noticeable, but after a few nights, the legs on my side of the bed are completely off the area rug and standing on the hardwood floor and the space between Kurt’s nightstand and the bed has grown considerably. Of course, I blame it on Kurt and his tossing and turning, but here’s the thing: we’ve had the bed in other positions in the room and it didn’t move slowly to the right the way it does now. So either Kurt is moving the bed in his sleep (probable, but wouldn’t this mean our bed would have moved in the other places we’ve had it?), our house is slanted (very probable, but then wouldn’t all the furniture move slowly toward the windows?) or the ghost is just trying to let us know he or she is around. Kurt thinks I'm crazy, or as he put it, "a weirdo", but I’m betting on the ghost.


Thing of Beauty, Day 6:
If you missed them, you can find Day 1 here, Day 2 here, Day 3 here, Day 4 here, and Day 5 here.




This is one of my favorite quotes from one my favorite authors. It's just perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment